Founded by the Albert family in 1925, the firm was purchased by the Burpee family in 1964. The Burpee family is now in our fourth generation born, raised, and educated in Lewiston. In 1975 we moved the funeral home from our original location on the corner of Howe and Sabattus streets to our current facility on the corner of Pine and Webster streets.
Built in 1886 as the residence of the overseer of the Pepperell Mill, and serving in that capacity until the early 1950’s, our building was later a Knights of Columbus Hall and then housed the main offices and classrooms of Bliss College. Highlights include the three Italian mosaic tile fireplaces, extensive oak woodwork, formal staircase, leaded glass entryway, refreshment room, and large carriage house, which we recently converted into a visitation room. A non-smoking facility, we have ample parking and are handicap accessible.
We proudly reaffirm our over 80 year commitment to providing tradition and value to the families of the Lewiston - Auburn area. By remaining local and independent, we are able to quickly adapt to the changing needs and wishes of those we serve while remaining true to the traditions of our community.